Archive for May, 2009

I managed to get through all the bass and keyboards for Parts 9 – 17 (the end) this past weekend.  No small accomplishment there.  Some of the vocals are done for these parts as well, but that’s still in progress.  It’s been getting harder and harder to sing with allergy season in full swing; sucky.  I’ve also been trying to work on a more aggressive vocal style for some parts…I can’t stop listening to Lamb of God these days :-)   if you haven’t heard Wrath yet, you’d best get a copy of it NOW son!

So the next task is to head back to the beginning and nail down Parts 1 – 4.  As mentioned before, 5 – 8 are ready to go, so it’s just a matter of cleaning up the earlier stuff.  It’s kind of strange working backwards like this…but hey, as long as it gets done and sounds good, what does it matter I guess?

So I’ve been extremely lax in updating, which I know I need to get better at.  A couple of things:

1. Chris has actually laid down some parts; all of section 9.  We ended up recording him at his place with a laptop.  The set up is:

guitar –> Morley A –> FMR RNP Ch1 –> Presonus 1394 Ch1

                  Morley B –> Gtr processor/amp/cab  –> Sennheiser e609 –> FMR RNP Ch2 –> Presonus 1394 Ch2

Thus far we are getting some good sounds.  I’m working on blending his processed signal from Ch2 with the clean Ch1 signal through Native Instruments Guitar Rig 3.  It’s kind of a PITA as I’ll then need to export/import everything from the laptop to my desktop….but we’ll see how it goes.

2. I picked up an Avalon VT-737SP.  Amazing!  All the vocals will be headed through this unit now…and thus far things are sound great.

3. There’s some preliminary unmixed, instrument only samples here:  http://www.trya.us/music/POM-samples.mp3.  Ignore the shitty virtual guitars; they are just placeholders for the time being whilst Chris gets his geetars parts done and I can export them to the main project.

laterz…..