I was just looking back at some of the posts, and noticed two things; I’ve been bad about making updates, and it’s already over a year since I started.  The latter isn’t all that surprising, considering this whole thing has been dragging on for at least 10 years at this point…so many things have happened in the last year, most of them don’t seem terribly good.  Anyway, enough of that bullshit.

The drums for Part 1 are done, and I’m half way through Part 2.  Drumtracker has proved to be quite difficult in my opinion.  I’m making it work, but it’s not at all like I expected (and taking way longer than I had hoped).  I did however purchase Superior Drummer 2.0 a month or so ago.  WOW!  The quality of sound from EZDrummer (which I was obviously already impressed with) is night and day.  I really had no idea just how different the actual sound was with SD2.0 (as opposed to the tons of features I knew about).  Anyway, I built out a kit similar to what I had with EZD, and I’ll be moving all the drums to SD2.0. 

I’m hoping to get through Part 2 this weekend and start on Parts 3 & 4…then recording re-begins for bass and keys.  Still having challenges with the vocals.  I like the recorded sound I’m getting now, I’ve just been incredibly inconsistent.  When I’ve got time to record, I don’t seem to perform too well, and when I’m performing great…I don’t have time to record!  Need to work that out…

I talked to Chris recently and I’m hopeful that he will have time soon to start cranking through the material.  He’s recorded Part 9, and that’s it.  It sounds great, but obviously there’s a long way to go.

On a separate note, I’m supposed to do some recording this week with J and Eric from the J. Williams Band.  We’ll be doing some acoustic stuff at my home studio.  They are great guys and I’m looking forward to it.

Later…